Currently listing 49 cookie recipes in 24 categories!Latest Cookie Recipes
Makes 32 cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
8 ounces cream cheese
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
2 cups flour
1 egg white beaten with 1 tablespoon water, for glazing
granulated sugar, for topping
For the filling
1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. With an electric mixer, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until blended. Sift over flour and mix to form a dough. Gather into a ball and divide dough in half. Flatten each half into a circle, wrap in plastic wrap and put in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
2. For the filling, mix together the chopped walnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease two cookie sheets or use parchment paper.
4. Working with 1/2 of the dough at a time, roll out into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Trim the edges with a knife to create a circle.
5. Brush the dough surface with the egg white glaze and sprinkle evenly with 1/2 the filling.
6. Using a pizza cutter slice the dough circle into 16 triangles.
7. Starting from the base of the triangle, roll up to form a crescent roll.
8. Place on cookie sheets and brush with egg glaze. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake until golden, 15-20 minutes. Cool on rack.
This cookie recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Comment on this Cookie Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Cookie Recipes in this Category:
Cookie Recipe Cloud Tags:
Thank you, your comments will be reviewed shortly!